Texture refers to the quality of a surface, whether rough or smooth, soft or hard. Texture does not always feel the way they look, however; a glossy photo of a gravel road looks coarse, but the photo to the touch is not that way.
Everyone has a texture to their bodies, on their skin and even with their hair. Some may have acne-ridden skin that is filled with bumps and scars from previous blemishes. Some may have what looks like smooth skin, but when touched is actually more on the rough side because of build up in their pores. Some may have dry, cracked skin on their heels from wear-and-tear. Some may be gifted with silky-smooth tresses, while others may have dry, coarse curls.
For me, the skin of my face has the tendency to be oily because that's the type of skin I have; I also have issues with horribly clogged pores. How to I deal with this? Easy -- with TEXTURE! A textured cleanser (I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub) helps to rub out any impurities. A similar technique is seen in body scrubs, which work to help soften your skin and give it a more youthful look.
(This sounds like a Proactiv commercial, don't it?)
No comments:
Post a Comment